Touring around the Loire castles, between Blois, Chambord and Cheverny
A tour to the Châteaux de la Loire
During your stay at Grand Hôtel de l’Abbaye, you will have the opportunity to discover Val de Loire, registered on the UNESCO world heritage list as one of the living cultural landscapes.
By the river, visit the famous castles, which trace and stage the French history. For instance, you will discover the Châteaux de Langeais, Brissac, Saumur or Royal de Blois, the French architectural jewel. Also, make sure you visit Cheverny whose Castle inspired Moulinsart at Hergé, the beautiful Chenonceau which lies on the banks of the Cher river at CLos Lucé where Léonard de Vinci rests in peace. Discover a memorable history!
Val de Loire is also a natural area with an exceptional fauna and flora, which offers visitors a wonderful live show.
Take advantage of hotel preferred rates by booking your stay at the Hotel castle.
Beaugency is a medieval city on the Loire, "one of the most beautiful sites in France'. It is one of the 4 cities freed from the English captivity By Jean d'Arc and is listed on the World heritage sites of UNESCO.
Touring around this city allows you to discover its rich heritage, history and architecture. You can visit a great number of monuments such as The César's Tower, the Clocher Saint-Firmin, the Horologe’s Tower, the Medieval House, Saint-Etienne Church, Porte Travers and the Ursuline convent.
Beaugency also allows its guests to walk in full nature with families or friends, especially along the Loire or the Rû River as far as its source in Vernon. Thus, you can go out and have an encounter with mammals (American beavers, game animals), migratory birds (seagulls and terns), and insects and explore an exuberant flora.
Our favourites in the region
From the various outings, visits and activities you can discover close to Beaugency, we recommend you:
- The Beauval zoo which is ranked 15th among the most beautiful zoos in the world by 'Forbes Traveler ' and offers the biggest animal assortment in France with a hotel preferred rate.
- Orléans-Cléry wine tasting (free of charge)
- Orléans: Jeanne d’Arc Centre, Musée des Beaux-Arts, Sainte-Croix Cathedral, the historic centre…
- The Dolmen de la pierre tournante à Tavers
- The Ferté Saint-Aubin castle, with its 15 furnished rooms from the basement to the attic and its 60 games for children and adults
- A ballon flight in the sky of the Loire's valley
- The commanderie d’Arville with its 8 scenographic areas to discover the history of Templers and crusades
- The Castle and the Bussière Park on Jacques Cœur road
- The Château de Meung sur Loire, with its refined lounges, awesome undergrounds and 200 exhibits
- The Château de Meillant and the discovery of the daily life of families who lived there.
- The Château de Valmer, its park and gardens, and tasting of wines produced on site.
- The Château de Chambord, in the wilderness